Toronto

Get to know Toronto’s real estate hot spots.

ALLENBY

Allenby was first settled in the 1400’s by the Huron Tribe which had a village here until sometime in the early 1700’s…

ANNEX

The Annex was subdivided in the 1870’s and 1880’s. It immediately became one of Toronto’s elite neighbourhoods…

BEDFORD PARK

Bedford Park began as a farming hamlet centred around the crossroads of Yonge Street and Lawrence Avenue…

BENNINGTON HEIGHTS

The Bennington Heights neighbourhood is situated on a flat plain of land, on the crest of an escarpment which thousands of years ago…

BRIDLE PATH

The Bridle Path could hardly have been envisioned by Alexander Milne, who settled on what is now Edwards Gardens in 1827…

CABBAGETOWN

Cabbagetown’s history began in the 1840’s when thousands of Irish immigrants settled here after fleeing…

CASA LOMA

The sightlines and majestic beauty of the Avenue Road Hill have, over the years, inspired many of Toronto’s wealthiest citizens…

DAVISVILLE VILLAGE

Davisville Village is named after John Davis, who immigrated to Canada from Staffordshire, England in 1840….

DEER PARK

Deer Park used to be referred to by the First Nations people as “Mushquoteh”, which means a meadow or opening…

Entertainment District

The Toronto Entertainment District is concentrated around King Street West between University Avenue and Spadina Avenue…

FOREST HILL

Forest Hill was incorporated as a village in 1923. It was named after the summer residence of John Wickson, built in 1860…

Garden District

The name, the Garden District was selected by the Toronto East Downtown Residents…

GOVERNOR’S BRIDGE

The Governor’s Bridge neighbourhood was subdivided in 1912 by William Douglas and Wallace Nesbitt…

Harbord Village

Harbord Village lies just to the west of the University of Toronto, with its most commonly accepted borders…

HARBOURFRONT

Toronto’s Harbourfront district was created from landfill in the early 1800’s. It quickly developed into a tangled web of industry….

HOGG’S HOLLOW

Hogg’s Hollow is named after James Hogg, a Scotsman from Lanarkshire, who settled here in 1824…

HUMEWOOD

The Humewood neighbourhood is named after “Humewood”, the country estate of William Hume Blake – a prominent lawyer…

LAWRENCE PARK

The Lawrence Park subdivision was assembled in 1907 by the Dovercourt Land Building and Saving Company…

LEASIDE

Leaside was first settled by John Lea, a pioneer farmer who emigrated to Canada from Philadelphia in 1819…

LEDBURY PARK

Ledbury was a small farming community up until the early 1900’s when the first houses in this neighbourhood…

LESLIEVILLE

Leslieville began as a small village back in the 1850’s. The village grew up around the Toronto Nurseries owned by George Leslie…

LYTTON PARK

Leaside was first settled by John Lea, a pioneer farmer who emigrated to Canada from Philadelphia in 1819…

MOORE PARK

Moore Park was subdivided in 1889 as an exclusive Toronto suburb for the very wealthy. Its namesake and creator was a gentleman…

NORTH TORONTO

The town of North Toronto was incorporated in 1890. It was formed as the result of an amalgamation between Davisville Village…

PLAYTER ESTATES

Playter Estates is named after the Playter family who held the original land grants on both sides of the Don River near…

Hillcrest/Bracondale Hill

Bracondale Hill, also known as Hillcrest, is a residential neighbourhood of Toronto, Ontario, Canada…

RIVERDALE

Riverdale was a small rural community until the Grand Trunk Railway began steaming through here in the 1850’s…

ROSEDALE

Rosedale began when Sheriff William Botsford Jarvis, and his wife Mary settled on a homestead here in the 1820’s…

SOUTH HILL

The South Hill neighbourhood is defined by the Avenue Road Hill. This historic land formation was the former shoreline…

ST. LAWRENCE

The land on which the St. Lawrence neighbourhood is built was originally part of the shoreline of Lake Ontario…

SUMMERHILL

The Summerhill neighbourhood is named after ‘Summer Hill’ house, a magnificent Regency cottage built in 1842…

TEDDINGTON PARK

Teddington Park formed the northern boundary of the City of Toronto in 1912. That same year, separate plans of subdivision…

TODMORDEN VILLAGE

Todmorden Village grew up around a complex of mills and a brewery that operated near the banks of the Don River beginning in 1795…

WANLESS PARK

In 1912, Toronto Suburbs Ltd., guided by George Kappele and D.F. Crowagen registered a plan of subdivision for…

YORKVILLE

Yorkville was subdivided in the 1830’s, by a prominent brewer named Joseph Bloor, and by Sheriff William Botsford Jarvis…